Website Terms and conditions ►
Client Terms & Conditions ►
Website Terms and conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions of use of this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand these terms as they will govern your use of the website.
Please do not use the website if you do not agree with these terms and conditions.
This website is provided by Vanite Clinic Limited on behalf of itself, Vanite Clinic Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 11453387. The registered office for each company is: 60 Tenby Street North, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1 3EG.
For the purposes of these terms and where relevant throughout this website, ‘Vanite Clinic’ shall refer to Vanite Clinic Limited, and/or any one or number of the related organisations. A list of these related organisations is available by clicking on the Organisations link given towards the end of these terms. Where these terms refer to us, our or we then it is referring to Vanite Clinic.
We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website, the content or services or products available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any new features including new content, our provision of new products or services, or resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on the website, following which all use of the website will be governed by that version. These terms were most recently updated on 01 August 2018.
Purchase of services
Please note that these terms apply to your use of the website. If you decide to buy services from us, our Client Terms and Conditions will apply to the provision by us of such services.
Keeping account details safe
If you register for an account with Vanite Clinic, you will choose, or be provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party.
If we reasonably consider that you have not complied with all or any part of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must tell us as soon as possible using the contact details shown above.
Whilst we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information and material contained on the website is accurate at the time of last revision, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to its accuracy, completeness or that it remains up to date.
We make no representations that the materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the UK. Those who visit the website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of this website and/or viewing of it, or use of any material or content on the website or services, or products offered through the website are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use the website and you must exit immediately.
Where content published on the website is supplied by or quotes the source of specific content from third parties, you understand that we do not control or endorse their content in any way. All such content which is offered by third parties that are not affiliated with or otherwise connected with us, is published in good faith but we do not in any circumstances accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such content published and the use of such content.
The information contained on the website is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment.
We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or typographical errors in or omissions from this website and liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information or material contained on, or services offered by, this website is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the website or its contents whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether our part of the part of our servants, agents or any other person or entity.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, we do not attempt to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation in any way.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the website and is compatible with the website. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for taking sufficient precautions and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output and the inherent risks in using the internet.
We will try to make the website available but cannot guarantee that the website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device.
We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions.
If any provision or term of these website terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from them and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
Any failure or delay by us enforcing an obligation or exercising a right, under these website terms and conditions, does not amount to a waiver of that obligation or right or any other obligation or right.
You acknowledge that you have not entered into these website terms and conditions in reliance on any statement or representation, except in so far as the representation has been incorporated into these website terms and conditions.
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content on this website are the property of us or our licensors. These terms and conditions do not give you a right, title or interest to any of the intellectual property rights on or within this website.
You are entitled to view, copy and print documents from this website solely for your own non-commercial use, provided that you do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices. You may not sell, publish, reproduce, sublicense, assign, modify or change (by use of an html “frame” or otherwise) any portion of this website or any content and information contained within this website without our prior written consent. It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. Vanite Clinic accepts no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing or downloading information from this site.
Should you leave this website via a link contained in this website and view content that is not provided by Vanite Clinic you shall do so at your own risk. We provide links only as a convenience and without liability. The ability to link to another website and the fact that a link does not mean that we endorse or guarantee such site, site sponsor or site content. In addition, be aware that when you leave this website you will be subject to the terms and conditions of use of the websites you are visiting.
Your use of this website and the operation of these terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this website.
In the event that any or any part of the terms contained in these terms and conditions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such terms shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Client Terms & Conditions
Please take your time to read these Terms. They include important information about us and the way in which we will provide care to you. If you have any questions about these Terms then we will be happy to answer them, so please do ask us.
References to you or your means you, as our client and the recipient of our Services. References to us, we or our means Vanite Clinic Limited. The meanings of other words shown in bold in these Terms are included in the Glossary at Part E.
These Terms are structured in the following order:
PART A – Our Services, Booking and Cancelling Appointments
PART B – Paying for our Services
PART C – Feedback and Complaints
PART D – Other Important Terms
PART E – Glossary
These Terms do not contain specific information about how much your care will cost. Details of our costs are set out in our Standard Prices available on our Website at www.vaniteclinic.com If you are unsure about the costs of your care please ask us at any of our Clinics, by our Phone Service on 0121 ******** or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bear in mind that we may need to update these Terms from time to time. If we do this, then we will let you know.
You will always be given the opportunity to read any updated Terms and ask us questions before agreeing to any changes.
PART A – OUR SERVICES, BOOKING AND CANCELLING APPOINTMENTS
1. What Services do we provide?
1. We publish a list of our Services that are available on ourWebsite and at ourClinics. You can also hear a list of our Services by using our Phone Service. The Services may be updated from time to time, so please check our Website to see our up to date list.
2. How can you book an appointment for our Services?
1. Specialist Appointments can only be booked using our Phone Service.
2. You can book appointments for any of our other Services:
2.1. through our Website www.vaniteclinic.com
2.2. via email on email@example.com
2.3. via our Phone Service, or
2.4. at any of our Clinics.
3. You can access up-to-date information about appointment availability on our Website, via our Phone Service and at our Clinics.
3. What are Partner Services?
1. Sometimes, we might not be able to offer you the service or treatment that you require at our Clinics. If this is the case, then we might recommend that one of our Partners supports your care. The services that our Partners provide are referred to in these Terms as Partner Services.
2. We will never involve a Partner in your care unless you want us to. If we believe that a Partner Service is necessary then we will always let you know beforehand. You will be given the opportunity to ask questions about the Partner, how we will work with the Partner and the nature of the Partner Services.
3. If you decide that you would like to receive Partner Services, then you will need to let us know. If you require Partner Services, then we will book an appointment on your behalf and provide you with the details that you need.
4. You will also make payment for Partner Services through us. Details of how to pay for Partner Services are set out in Part B of these Terms.
5. We choose our Partners carefully and will guide you through the process of obtaining Partner Services. The Partner will be responsible for the care that our Partners provide to you. Our Partners will be responsible for the Partner Services and we will not be liable for their acts or omissions.
6. To reflect this, our Partners may ask you to register with them separately and/or to sign up to their own terms of providing care.
1. As well as our Partners, you may receive Services from a Consultant. Consultants are clinicians that are self-employed or employed by another company or partnership, who we select to provide Services to you. We will not be liable for the acts or omissions of Consultants.
5. What happens if you need Treatment from us?
1. If you decide to receive a Treatment, then we will explain the Treatment to you and any risks involved. We will always give you time to ask us questions about the Treatment.
2. When you are satisfied that your questions have been answered in a way that you understand, we will ask you to sign a Consent Form. We will not provide you with any Treatment without a Consent Form.
6. How will you receive your Results?
1. When we perform a Treatment for you that does not produce instant Results, we will ask how you would like to receive your Results. If you do not specify how you would like to receive particular Results then we will send you your Results using your Preferred Method(s) of Contact. If you would prefer to receive your Results in a different way, then you will need to let us know at the time of receiving the relevant Treatment.
2. You will have the opportunity to discuss your Results with us at no additional charge.
3. If you have received a Treatment from one of our Partners that does not produce instant Results, we will send you your Results using your Preferred Method(s) of Contact. If you would prefer to receive your Results in a different way, then you will need to let us know as soon as possible after receiving the Treatment from our Partner.
7. How do you cancel your appointment?
1. You may cancel or re-schedule your appointment by:
1.1. cancelling or amending your booking through ourWebsite (www.vaniteclinic.com), or
1.2. notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Phone Service, or at any of our Clinics.
2. If you want to cancel or re-schedule a Specialist Appointment then we ask that you let us know at least 24 hours before the time that your appointment is due to begin. If you cancel or re-schedule a Specialist Appointment less than 24 hours before your appointment is due to begin, or if you fail to attend a Specialist Appointment, then we will charge you £150 as a late cancellation/non-attendance fee.
3. For all other appointments that are not Specialist Appointments, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible if you would like to cancel or re-schedule. We do not charge late cancellation fees for cancelling or re-scheduling appointments other than Specialist Appointments.
PART B – PAYING FOR OUR SERVICES
8. How much will you have to pay?
1. The price that you pay for the Service(s) you receive will be the price for that Service stated in our Standard Prices. The Standard Prices are available on our Website and at our Clinics. You can also hear a list of our Standard Prices via our Phone Service.
2. Unless a Promotion applies, our Services and Additional Items will be charged in accordance with our Standard Prices. We may change our Standard Prices from time to time and will publicise this on our Website.
3. The version of the Standard Prices that will apply to the Services you receive will be the Standard Prices at the time that you book your appointment. The version of the Standard Prices that will apply to the Additional Items you receive will be the Standard Prices on the day of your appointment.
4. Partner Services are not covered by our Standard Prices. If we recommend a Partner Service to you then we will let you know the cost of the Partner Service when we make the recommendation, including what the cost will cover. However, please always read any terms that our Partners provide to you as these will apply to the services you receive from our Partners.
9. Does a Promotion apply?
1. From time to time, we might offer a Promotion. Promotions may be advertised on our Website, in our Clinics or elsewhere.
2. If we offer a Promotion then we may publish separate terms with that Promotion, which will explain how the Promotion works, what the Promotion covers, and whether and how you can use it. If you wish to use a Promotion then you will need to agree to the related terms.
3. If you have any questions about Promotions then please ask us.
10. When do you need to pay us?
1. We will ask you to pay for any Specialist Appointments at the time that you book your appointment.
2. We will ask you to pay for all other Services and/or Additional Items on the day of your appointment before you leave the Clinic.
3. We will ask you to pay for any Partner Services at the time that you ask us to book the Partner Services. We will only ever charge you for Partner Services booked through us. If you book services directly with one of our Partners then you will need to pay for these services directly.
11. How do you pay?
1. The methods of payment that we accept are listed on our Website and at our Clinics. You can also request this information via our Phone Service.
12. What happens if you no longer want to receive on going Services?
1. In most cases, the Services that we provide to you will come to a natural conclusion (for example, where you have booked and received a single appointment).
2. However, if you choose to stop receiving Services that are on going then you must let us know. We will charge you for all Services and Additional Items that you have received up until the point that you notify us, but you will not be charged for anything after this point.
3. If for any unforeseen reasons we decide that you can no longer receive Services from us that are on going we will let you know as soon as possible and give reasons for our decision. We will charge you for all Services and Additional Items that you have received up until the point that we notify you, but you will not be charged for anything after this point.
4. You are under no obligation to continue receiving on going Services from us once you start.
PART C – FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
13. We love your feedback as it helps us recognise the great work of our dedicated team and identify areas where there is room for improvement. If you have any feedback for us, including any complaints about our Services, please call us using our Phone Service, email us at email@example.com or come into the Clinic and speak to one of our client advisors.
PART D – OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
14. Your Contract with us
1. By signing the Registration Form, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
2. If there is any inconsistency between the documents that make up your Contract, then these Terms will take precedence. If there is any inconsistency between your Contract and any of our marketing or advertising materials, including details of any Promotion, then your Contract will take precedence.
3. We may need to update these Terms from time to time. If we do this, then we will let you know using your Preferred Method(s) of Contact. You will always be given the opportunity to read any updated Terms and ask us questions before agreeing to any changes. Once you have agreed to any updated Terms then the new version will only apply to those Services that you book after confirming your agreement. The most up-to-date version of the Terms will always be available on our Website and in our Clinics.
15. Personal information
A parent or guardian of a child under 18 may register that child to receive Services from us. Where a parent or guardian has registered a child with us then that parent or guardian agrees to be bound by these Terms. References to you or your will also be to the parent or guardian of a child under 18.
17. Contact with your NHS GP
1. We reserve the option to share information (including a summary of the care, Services and/or Treatment that we provide to you) with your NHS GP at our clinicians’ discretion if there is an overriding clinical or safety reason to do so. In all other cases, we will not share information with your NHS GP unless you have given us your consent.
2. In some cases, we may need to obtain your medical records from your NHS GP in order to provide you with care, Services and/or Treatment. We will never obtain your medical records without your consent. If you do not give consent then we may need to discontinue your care in accordance with Clause 12.3 of these Terms.
18. Personal property
Whilst visiting any of our Clinics, you will be responsible for your own belongings. We cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of, theft of or damage to any of your property or the property of anyone that accompanies you.
19. Third Party Rights
Except for you and us, no other person will have any rights under or in connection with these Terms or your Contract.
20. Changes in Relevant Law
1. If there is a change in Relevant Law then we may no longer be able to provide certain types of care. In agreeing to these Terms, you accept that this is the case. We will always let you know if there has been a change in Relevant Law that affects any Services we are providing to you or have provided to you in the past, as well as the consequences of any changes.
1. We may assign and/or transfer your Contract to any person or organisation that acquires our assets, or to any other member of the Virgin Group.
22. Governing Law
1. These Terms and your Contract with us, including any disputes or claims arising out of it, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
PART E – GLOSSARY
“Additional Items” means all items listed as “Additional Items” in our Standard Prices that are incidental to the care and/or Services that you receive from us, such as medication, private prescriptions, medical supplies and blood tests.
“Clinic(s)” means one or more of our Vanite clinics. A full list of our clinics is available on our Website.
“Consultant” means a self-employed clinician (acting in their individual capacity or through a company or partnership) that is not an employee of Vanite Clinic, but engaged by Us to provide Services to You.
“Contract” means these Terms, your Registration Form and any Consent Form(s) and/or ancillary documents.
“Consent Form(s)” means (if applicable) the signed document containing your consent for us to provide you with the Treatment listed in the document or any accompanying Treatment Letter.
“Partner(s)” means one or more of the organisations we work with to provide the Services to our clients.
“Partner Service(s)”means the service or services that our Partners provide to you.
“Phone Service” means our free telephone booking and customer care service: 0121 *****
“Preferred Method(s) of Contact” means the one or more contact methods specified in your Registration Form, as updated by you from time to time in accordance with these Terms, and by which you are happy for us to contact you as set out in these Terms.
“Promotion” means any other basis on which we offer Services or care aside from the basis set out in these Terms or our Standard Prices (if any).
“Registration Form” means the document by which you provided your personal information to us during registration.
“Relevant Law” means any and all laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards or obligations applicable to the delivery of our Services or care to you.
“Results” means the outcome of any tests, treatments or procedures that we or our Partners have provided to you.
“Services” means all those services and Treatments offered by us from time to time, as listed on our Website.
“Specialist Appointment(s)” means appointments for any Services listed from time to time as “Specialist Consultations” in our list of Services on our Website or in our Clinics.
“Standard Prices” means our standard prices from time to time for Services and Additional Items, as listed on our Website at www.vaniteclinic.com
“Terms” means these terms and conditions.
“Treatment” means any treatment(s), test(s) or procedure(s) that we may carry out for you, which will be detailed in or with any Consent Form.
“Us”, “we” or “our” means Virgin Care Private Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Vanite Clinic Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 11453387. The registered office for each company is: 60 Tenby Street North, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B1 3EG.
“Website” means www.vaniteclinic.com
“You” or “your” means you, as our client and the recipient of our Services.